How NOT to Take Photos of Disaster Area If You Are There Helping?
1. BE sensitive DON’T be Selfie.
2. DON’T show the survivors’ poorness, find the power of them.
3. If you are distributing emergency aid, DON’T take photos of yourself giving these materials to survivors; HELP them to carry such materials.
4. Be a Part of their grief, DON’T be a part of your photos.
5. Tell their story; DON’T tell your story by photos.
6. Ask them if they are OK to take photos, DON’T just shot them.
7. Find the hope and emotion of the survivors DON’T manipulate their feelings.
8. DON’T take visually disturbing photos.
9. DON’T dramatize the scene, be real.
10. Last but not least,use your common sense and ethic and keep yourself in their shoes and think would you be happy if someone takes your photos if you are just trying to surviving such disaster??
Soothe THEM DON’T Shoot them!
By Sahadev Poudel
Image Source: http://bit.ly/1H9wHjo